Is there a SWIG module for Squeak?

Andreas Raab Andreas.Raab at gmx.de
Fri Sep 7 21:31:19 UTC 2001

> Isn't apicall: just the PASCAL calling convention?

Dunno. What is Delphi (the only Pascal I'm aware of these days) using?!

> It doesn't seem that apicall: should necessarily be tied to
> any specific OS however (even though other OSes might not make
> any use of it).  It should be possible to make libraries on
> non-Windows (and Mac) OSes that use apicall: no?

Probably so. But what's the point?! The only reason for making <apicall:>
available at all is that many of the OS function use something other than
<cdecl:> and therefore you couldn't call them otherwise. There are many
other existing calling conventions (such as the infamous __fastcall on x86)
which aren't supported by the FFI either.

Cheers,
  - Andreas