Left arrows in NewYork12-14, a Question of some urgency.

David N. Smith (IBM) dnsmith at watson.ibm.com
Sat Sep 8 00:01:27 UTC 2001

All:

I'm working on a large packaged Squeak app which suddenly requires underscores in smaller NewYork sizes.

I know that, in passing, I remember some discussion about putting in the arrows to replace underscores, but I don't remember when. I did a little digging and saw nothing obvious to me.

I'd prefer a way to modify the font to restore underscores just as I generate the standalone image. That way only the users see the underscores.

Anyhow, does anyone have NewYork in its original form? or an easy way to restore the underscores? or other magic?

Any help greatly appreciated; I'll promise to post the solutions to the Swici for future reference.

Thanks,

Dave