Next generation of PDAs?

Ohshima, Yoshiki Yoshiki.Ohshima at disney.com
Sat Sep 8 20:15:21 UTC 2001

  Hello,

> > On the other hand, the iPAQ
> > started with 32MB RAM and has a 64MB unit.  HP just announced
> > a 64MB device.  Intel announced that units within a few years
> > will have massive amounts of RAM.  Toshiba has a PDA with a
> > built-in microdrive.
>
> 64MB is just not enough though.  The Toshiba sounds interesting.

  The picture of the Toshiba is available at
http://genio-e.com, though the text is written in Japanese.

  It is a device that is a StringArm/PocketPC with SD card
slot and CF slot in iPAQ size body.

  The Microdrive is *not* built-in to the device.  They only
sell it together with the device.

#  I know many people ignore and skip my emails...

  As for the portable devices, the battery life would be one
of the most important feature.  If the battery runs out, it
is just useless.  And as for the portable music players,
latest MD players have more than 140 hours (!) play time
with less than 3 ounce package.  Solid-state players are not
the only way to go.

-- Yoshiki