3D physical simulation

Andreas Raab Andreas.Raab at gmx.de
Sat Sep 8 21:46:50 UTC 2001

> Yes and no.  Yes, in the sense that Wonderlands can easily support
> visualizing the results of physical simulation.  No, in the
> sense that you might not get an interactive frame rate, depending
> on how complex your simulation calculations are.

Certainly true ... but ... I've just seen a really nice (real-time) physical
simulation of a flag (blowing in the wind) in Squeak (done by David A.
Smith; geesh - we really need some nick names for all the Dave Smith's on
this list ;). We're actually going to do more work in this direction with
the plan being to build kind of a mini-APL sublanguage in Squeak that can be
used to do exactly this kind of physical simulations (and a lot of other
stuff).

Cheers,
  - Andreas

http://squeak.org/