How to get font size to "stick" on a TextMorph

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Mon Sep 10 14:34:34 UTC 2001

So, I create a new TextMorph, and open a viewer on it.

I find I can easily change "Text's" "characters" using the "basic"
panel.  *That*, I've played with before.

But I pop up a halo on the Text, and try playing with Font change/
Font size change menu items.  I can select a portion of the string,
and get it to change just fine.

But the moment I set the characters, it *resets* back to some sort
of default.

In 20 minutes of exploring, it appears that in calling "setCharacters:",
some associated default TextStyle gets pulled up that is associated
with the Text, but always uses "font style 1" of that TextStyle at
its beginning.

Is there a way to change font style 1 of the text from the halo?  Or
do I need to modify that programmatically?