Next generation of PDAs?

Norton, Chris chrisn at Kronos.com
Mon Sep 10 16:50:18 UTC 2001

Ned is rumored to have written:

"Only if the hard drives get smaller, lighter, and less power-hungry."

I'm holding out for fuel cells.  I've read a number of articles on fuel
cells in cell phones.  I suspect it won't be too long before you can buy one
for your PDA.  That should provide a reasonable alternative to the power
crunch.  I think IBM & co. will solve the storage problems.  The micro-drive
is starting to show very reasonable storage capabilities, and it's just
slightly larger than a quarter.

As far as size goes... IMHO, I prefer a thin machine with a pretty large
screen.  Something around 4 X 5 inches might not be bad.  It's too hard to
look at the current generation Palm and Wince machines.  The screens are
just too small.  Now if someone could come up with a telescoping screen
concept, that would rock!  Imagine a screen that could be extended by
pulling on the sides, like a window blind...

Cheers,

---==> Chris