.NET ?

John Hinsley jhinsley at telinco.co.uk
Tue Sep 11 11:28:25 UTC 2001

George Bosworth wrote:

> The beta2 of the .NET SDK and of Visual Studio .NET is available thru many sources.
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/nextgen/getbeta.asp

More importantly ? I can't work out why anyone would want to!

But, I was sent this snippet (which someone described as FUD on FUD)

Ximian to release .net challenger

The company packaging the Gnome desktop, Ximian, is to
announce a project called 'Mono' intended to compete directly against
Microsoft's .Net, according to this C-Net piece.

http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1003-200-6455783.html

Cheers

John

--
Can't cope anymore? Desperate for help?
Join the 12 step program for those who yearn to give up Microsoft: