TranscriptStream questions

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Wed Sep 12 15:05:30 UTC 2001

On Wednesday 12 September 2001 05:15 am, Ken G. Brown wrote:

> In attempting to understand what's going on, I tried the following:
> myTranscript _ TranscriptStream new.
> myTranscript openAsMorphLabel: 'My Transcript'.
> myTranscript openInWorld. "This gets a message not understood -
> openInWorld"

You're confusing two things: a Transcript (which is a TranscriptStream) and a
SystemWindow (a Morph) that is displaying a Transcript. You send strings to a
TranscriptStream; you look at a SystemWindow.

myTranscript is a TranscriptStream.
openInWorld is only understood by Morphs.
openAsMorphLabel: is a message to a TranscriptStream that returns a
SystemWindow.

--
Ned Konz
currently: Stanwood, WA