[Squeak Installer] [BUG] [FIX] Changes

PhiHo Hoang phiho.hoang at home.com
Mon Sep 17 05:02:28 UTC 2001

> > Pretty neat! I noticed one little issue - when you start the VM by
double
> > clicking on the executable and go through the file open dialog,
> > the first bunch of plugins gets installed into vmdir/plugins and the
next bunch
> > (after the image is loaded) into imagedir/plugins. It would probably be
better if
> > they all end up in the vmdir/plugins directory.

    It is now fixed. All plugins are installed in 'vmdir/plugins directory'
    (Note to self: don't forget that InterpreterPlugin and WindowPlugin
should not be loaded at this time)

    It is also fixed for double clicking an image file.

    Affected files: 'SqM.exe', 'PlugManPlugin.dll' and 'PlatformPlugin.dll'

    Changes at http://members.home.net/phiho.hoang/SqM/ : to reduce
redundancy and chances of inconsistencies, SqM2files.zip is removed and
SqM.zip is replaced with 'SqMPlugins.zip'.

    To update, please :

        - replace the old SqM.exe with the new 'SqM.exe' (attached as
'SqM.exe.gz'),
        - delete 'imagedir\plugins' directory.
        - delete 'PlugManPlugin.dll' and 'PlatformPlugin.dll' under vmdir.
        - run SqM.exe

    If you are trying SqM.exe the first time, please also unpack
'install.ini' (attached as 'install.ini.gz') in the same directory as
'SqM.exe'

    Issues: there are ways to handle versioning, auto-updating for plugins.

    Enjoy,

    PhiHo