RBSqueak - what's next

Henrik Gedenryd Henrik.Gedenryd at lucs.lu.se
Wed Sep 19 09:33:43 UTC 2001

My main previous experience with the RB has been this:

There are a number of menus that aren't integrated with Squeak's usual
menus. Many items seem to be the same as those already in Squeak's browser
menus.

Then, when I've tried some menu selections, I've received walkbacks telling
me a feature isn't implemented. After receiving three or more of these in a
row, I've given up trying to figure out what works or not, out of scores of
submenus and their items.

This has been my experience the last couple of times the RB has come up (I
haven't looked at it this time, after these previous experiences).

I think the menus need to at least disable unimplemented items to be useful.
Moreover, removing redundant items, or even better, integrating new items
into the usual menus, would be useful.

If this has already been fixed I aplogize.

Henrik