[Problem]: Squeak won't come up under my Unix

Alexander Klein Alexander.Klein at math.uni-giessen.de
Wed Sep 19 10:09:56 UTC 2001

Hi,

>I think the Squeak-VM support only 8,16,24 and 32 bits per pixel.
>It shouldn´t be too hard to implement the code for monchrome display.
>The ´src/unix/sqXWindow.c´ is responsible for the X-stuff.

Yes, the problem is in this file, however, I don't have the time to do
something about it right now, and given the age and the 'speed' of the
hardware, it's maybe better to just take a new machine and use it for
Squeak.

>If you have time ...

Not really. The programming I have to do for the math diploma is beginning
to fall behind schedule, so I think I'll just go back to the wavelets right
now and come back when I have more time for playing around.

Thank you, anyway.

	Alex

       I had a light that shined across my mind - rarely see it any more
  Now it is mostly dark, except for sparks - can't remember what they're for
                                 - Savatage/Poets and Madmen/The Morphine Child