BookMorph size and printing

John Hinsley jhinsley at telinco.co.uk
Wed Sep 19 15:19:00 UTC 2001

> Gary McGovern wrote:
>
> Hello,
> I'm trying to finish off a project, but I definitely need a couple of
> features that I can't get, and I am hoping someone can help.
>
> I need to have BookMorphs with an infinite or expandable size and also
> the capacity to print the pages. The project is mind maps / concept
> maps, and these can grow to be quite large.

In what form do you want the pages? (And what have the pages got in
them?) Given a postscript printer, the "print PS to file" option may be
viable. To make it viable without a postscript printer you need to get
the Ghostscript/Ghostview package and install it. (Google will find it
-- do a search for Ghostscript). This simply adds a translation layer
between your .ps file and your printer. It's a pretty neat package, but
you may need to do some messing about with the Squeak output before you
get what you want. For this reason you might consider simply grabbing a
screenshot of the book. Pop

 aMenu add: 'capture image' target: Utilities action:
#grabScreenAndSaveOnDisk.

in the dialogue which appears when you click on "personalise" in your
personal menu. (Don't put it at the bottom!)

Alternatively, Ned Konz's NK-ConnectorsDemo.056.pr (on BSS) has a very
nice SaveGif button which you may be able to simply copy to the paste
buffer and load into your own project (IIRC, Ned's project needs a
pretty up to date Squeak).

Infinite size I'm not too sure of.... I take it you mean more than
simply making the book bigger by making a page bigger?

HTH

Cheers

John

--
Can't cope anymore? Desperate for help?
Join the 12 step program for those who yearn to give up Microsoft: