[GOODIE] [CRASH] [UNIX] Multiuser chat server.

Göran Hultgren gohu at rocketmail.com
Fri Sep 21 08:16:46 UTC 2001

Hi!

--- Scott A Crosby <crosby at qwes.math.cmu.edu> wrote:
[A lot of stuff I actually did not read too carefully]
> Its been interesting to find what I've found in squeak..
>
> I've heard that the flow framework (http://netjam.org/flow/) is supposed
> to be sockets done right.. True? If so, when will it be integrated into
> the main squeak distribution? Will it?

Well, I have used John M McIntosh's port of Flow to main Squeak and it worked pretty well.
But I had one SUnit test flunking on me (don't know why) and I have also experienced that
depending on circumstances I get the empty String when reading (which I can't really figure out -
it doesn't happen on the LAN...).

Apart from that little nuisance and that I discovered some minor miss in a stream class it seems
pretty solid.

Flow has been integrated into the SWT image btw (=Squeak World Tour).

And yet another sidenote - CampSmalltalk works on some form of standard Socket stuff.

regards, Göran

=====
Göran Hultgren, goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
GSM: +46 70 3933950, http://www.bluefish.se
"Department of Redundancy department." -- ThinkGeek