Protocol viewer ?

Aaron J Reichow reic0024 at d.umn.edu
Mon Sep 24 17:47:48 UTC 2001

On Mon, 24 Sep 2001, Gary McGovern wrote:

> I just wanted to find out if some clever person has devised a protocol
> viewer. One that shows "ALL" of a classes protocol, to save the time
> and inconvenience of going through the hierarchy testing the protocol
> of superclasses. Is there anything approximating this ?

Is the Protocol Browser what you had in mind?  It shows the full
"vocabulary" of a class- all the methods on the class and all the way up
to Object.

To open one up, open up a browser, click on a class and either select
"browse protocol (p)" from the context menu, or press (alt/cmd)-P.

Alternately, you can bring one up by evaluating "ProtocolBrowser
openFullProtocolForClass: Morph."  They seem to bring up different
versions of the protocol browser (in 3.1a, at least), but they do the same
thing more or less.

cheers,
Aaron

Aaron Reichow ::  Twin Ports ACM Pres ::  http://www.d.umn.edu/~reic0024/
"life, probably the biggest word i've ever said, that says a lot 'cause
there is a whole lot of words inside my head..." -- atmosphere