Performance profiling results...

Scott A Crosby crosby at qwes.math.cmu.edu
Tue Sep 25 06:07:10 UTC 2001

On Sat, 22 Sep 2001, Andreas Raab wrote:

> number of (quite complex) rules. One of them is that in order to inline a
> send it must result in a simple assignment. This is not true in the "a := b
> := ..." case. Therefore the send was not inlined by the Slang->C translator.
> And that is what showed up in the profiling results.

Is there any easy way to tell the interpreter to not inline things; it
would sorta make some statistics easier to collect on seldom-used things
if they weren't inlined. That way I could use profiling to tell how many
GC's were done and stuff like that. :)

Scott

--
No DVD movie will ever enter the public domain, nor will any CD. The last CD
and the last DVD will have moldered away decades before they leave copyright.