Zurgle Project Update

Jim Benson jb at speed.net
Tue Sep 25 23:37:19 UTC 2001

I've gotten a couple of request off list asking where I'm at in Zurgle land.

I've put together a little page and some what of a code "snapshot" of where
I'm currently at.

Here's a screenshot:

http://people.we.mediaone.net/trade/Zurgle/LunaScreenShot.jpg (283K)

Here's where you can go get some code:

http://people.we.mediaone.net/trade/Zurgle/ZurgleUpdate.htm

This isn't meant as a formal release, just here's where I'm at in
development, warts and all. If there are things you're looking for in
particular, let me know. I must say at this point, I'm quite a bit happier
in this development environment than in the stock version. I'm surprised at
how different Squeak feels with just a few simple modifications.

BTW, you'll need to bump up to 32 bit color for the colors to come out
correctly. The screen shot also fiddled with font sizes, and added a
background. My background code tweaks are in there, but you'll have to
supply your own background image :)

I need to do a little code trimming and pruning, but next up are combo
boxes, grouping of radio controls, and various dialog boxes.

Jim Benson

United We Stand