Zurgle Project Update

G.J.Tielemans at dinkel.utwente.nl G.J.Tielemans at dinkel.utwente.nl
Wed Sep 26 14:53:45 UTC 2001

Dear Jerome,

I do not know how you call this in your language,
but in my country we call a person who drives on
the wrong track of a higway a GhostDriver. ("spookrijder")
The rumor goes that radiostations provoke this.
I know by experience that this is true,
becuase every time I hear it on my carradio,
I see hundreds of GhostDrivers in front of me...

Your remark about the menu bar made me think of this joke:
How insane it may be for you, all the others in the world
use applications with menubars...
I do not say it is better,
I only say they are used to it.
That pars-pro-toto menubar is essential as a visible "cue"
for them to know that the companion-set of functionalities
is avalaible in htis window...

(I still hate it that I can not cut& past with my mouse
between Squeak and another window on my desktop.)

Of course there are interesting articles unde the title:
"Do not metaphor me in..."