Computerchannel.de: Squeak 3.0 tested

Gary Fisher gafisher at sprynet.com
Thu Sep 27 00:05:20 UTC 2001

Thank you, Bert.  Your translation is much better than what Babelfish
managed.  <g>

Some of the article's conclusions are at least marginally valid, but others
imply the author entirely missed the point.  At least the article offers a
view of Squeak from the neophyte's perspective, which ought to be useful in
some way.  My impression is that the author suffers a bit of agoraphobia and
would prefer more restrictions to "guide" the user.  The implication that
there was something bad in the interface because it was intuitive after the
second or third attempt strikes me as the comment of someone who doesn't
want to take chances, but taking chances is the foundation of most learning.

Perhaps readers of that article who know better will respond . . .  (-:

Gary Fisher