Localization (was: RE: Computerchannel.de: Squeak 3.0 tested)

Dan Ingalls Dan at SqueakLand.org
Thu Sep 27 16:11:43 UTC 2001

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se  wrote...

>3. These I just don't understand:
>
>(color:sees: #colorSees 'whether the given color sees the given color')
>- Errr. What?!?

This is a hack that lets newbies do some collision logic simply.  The first parameter is a color which defines a sensitive part of me.  Think of a bug with a red nose.  The second parameter is a color that we're looking for in the world.  Think of a yellow flower.  Now you can write a very simple script that will cause a wandering bug to stick to a yellow flower if it finds one.  You can do maze following, autopilot and lots of cool things with this.

>(followPath 'followPath' 'follow the yellow brick road') - Obviously a
>"saying" (which I have heard but don't really know what it means, but I
>could skip it of course)

The Quote is from the Wizard of OZ.  I wouldn't try to duplicate it - it is cute but not useful.  The path used is the one defined by the 'draw new path' option in the menu of the red halo button.

Hope this helps.

	- Dan