Which Squeak is preferred for Mac OS X ?

raymondasselin at sympatico.ca raymondasselin at sympatico.ca
Fri Sep 28 00:56:52 UTC 2001

"Andy Stoffel" <acs at campus.com> wrote:
> [I couldn't find this information anywhere (mailing list or minnow)]
>
> If I understand it correctly there seem to be several different
> versions:
>
> - Carbon
> - Cocoa
> - Classic
>
> Is there a preferred version (I've only played with
> the Cocoa version so far) ? And a list of
> which one has what (if any ) feature running under Mac OS X ?
> [eg. I've noticed full screen doesn't seem to work in the
>  Cocoa version - is anything else not working in it?]
>
> Thanks
>
> -Andy-

Hi Andy,
		I didn't try recently the Cocoa but I remember that I leave it on the
shelf because it seems slow to me, and I had few problems ... IIRC the
problems were with the files not the Cocoa version. Old squeak files I
had were known by MasOS 9.x but loose their Icones or don't appear to be
selectable when in MasOS X and vice versa...So I rewinded to Carbon
Squeak where for now everything is fine.

Raymond