CRLF problem with Squeak3.1a-4332.zip on FTP server?

Henrik Gedenryd Henrik.Gedenryd at lucs.lu.se
Fri Sep 28 08:00:23 UTC 2001

Bernhard Pieber wrote:

> It seems that my first assumption was false. I opened a file list on the
> extracted changes file Squeak3.1a-4332.changes. I viewed it as hex and
> searched for 0A, which should be the linefeed character. There is none in
> there. So, it is not the CRLF problem. However, ArchiveViewer>>extractAll is
> still corrupt. The code pane in the browser shows the following source:
> 61.image----#(19 August 2001 12:51:39 pm)
>
> What can it be?
>
> Thanks for your help.

Bernhard,

Somehow a glitch crept into the source bindings when I created the updates.
We discovered one such problem back then, but obviously one persisted. I
don't know what may have caused it. Recompiling all classes, there were
problems in ArchiveViewer and Debugger. I still don't know what causes this
problem but it does seem to happen every now and then.

I have now created a new Squeak3.1a-4347b.zip from the 3.0 image (loading
all 800 change sets!), and I'm asking Bruce to remove all old zips and
replace them with this new one, where I've verified that all methods'
sources are ok.

All previous packages at 4261 and up have had this glitch. If this presents
a problem, then switch to the new zip package, to get rid of this bad
method.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Henrik