[ENH][Win32]RE: Font Support

Thomas Kuehne kuehne at informatik.uni-kl.de
Sun Sep 30 15:35:52 UTC 2001

Andreas,

what a great changeset. At last there is an easy way to import standard fonts...
Thanks many, many times.

I noticed that the carriage return character (13) is displayed as a box so I tried to redefine it (along with character "_" and "^").

I set Arial to be the default Font and then did

(TextStyle default fontAt: 2) edit: (13 asCharacter)

Here the "2" selects a certain size of the font.
That did not work in Squeak3.1a-4332 since the message
pixelValueForDepth: aColor is not understood by Form instances.

It seems that Form>>pixelValueFor: aColor
does exactly what is required so I provided it under the above name as well. Perhaps it is better to change the caller so that it calls the existing method?

Anyway, after fixing this the above code (e.g., "... edit: $_") allows one to change any character one does not like.

Thanks again,

    Thomas

--
Dr. Thomas Kuehne