Getting accents into Squeak

John Hinsley jhinsley at telinco.co.uk
Sun Sep 30 15:45:46 UTC 2001

I've just noticed this (the localisation stuff may have some kind of
bearing on it, but......).

There I was trying to put a name with "ü" (that's u with a dieresis, I
think) in my Rolodex. Of course, you can copy and paste into a workspace
and it'll appear correctly, but you can't copy and paste into a Text or
ShowEmptyText morph (maybe I should take a look at that -- I think it
would be useful). But is there any way (and here I'm working in Linux --
I guess the old number pad method works in Windows) of typing it in
directly, given a UK keyboard? (Here, locales or foreign keyboards are
not really a viable option: I'd need some bizzare combination of
Italian, German and Spanish.

Cheers

John

--
Can't cope anymore? Desperate for help?
Join the 12 step program for those who yearn to give up Microsoft: