Help with sound

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Sun Sep 30 15:57:09 UTC 2001

On Saturday 29 September 2001 09:15 pm, Daniel Joyce wrote:
> The Midi works great.

Under Unix? How? The MIDI code is just stubbed out. You must be on a
different OS.

> 	But none of the sound playing demos work.
>
> 	The wave editor, etc.
>
> 	Is sound that bad on Unix?

Sound playing works under Unix.
Sound recording doesn't (at least in the stock image).
Lex Spoon has gotten both to work well.

> 	NB, normal window/open/close  sound effects and others work fine too.
>
> 	Where is that code handled? Perhaps I can look there? Or is it just that
> all the sampled sound demos are broken?

What kind of operating system and sound architecture are you using?

If you're using the Gnome or KDE desktop environments, you may have to use
esddsp or artsdsp to start Squeak.

--
Ned Konz
currently: Stanwood, WA