Computerchannel.de: Squeak 3.0 tested

Karl Ramberg karl.ramberg at chello.se
Sun Sep 30 19:00:36 UTC 2001

Fleeberz at aol.com wrote:

> I haven't gotten the hang of Smalltalk AT ALL yet, but that's not going to
> keep me from reading this list, getting all the goodies and updates and
> following links to more information.
> Someday, I'm sure I'll get the hang of it, and be grateful for "hanging in
> there." - Regardless, I know I'm not really such an idiot either, even though
> I strongly feel that Squeak is very powerful, easy to use (for the rest of
> you, obviously) and innovative.

The way I learned was by finding a simple morphic demo or program,
change a few parameters, open the morph and see what had happened...
Do this over and over again until you know what to change to get
what you want. Then expand by cutting and pasting in code from other
places, testing and debugging a few thousen times you will suddenly
just know how to do it the next time.

I allways browse with optinal buttons on and use the senders of and
implementors of all the time to see how stuff is used elsewere in
the image.

Karl