Computerchannel.de: Squeak 3.0 tested

Fleeberz at aol.com Fleeberz at aol.com
Sun Sep 30 20:28:33 UTC 2001

In a message dated 2001-09-30 1:14:18 PM, karl.ramberg at chello.se writes:

Fleeberz at aol.com wrote:
>> I haven't gotten the hang of Smalltalk AT ALL yet, ...

>The way I learned was by finding a simple morphic demo or program,
>change a few parameters, open the morph and see what had happened...
>Do this over and over again until you know what to change to get
>what you want. Then expand by cutting and pasting in code from other
>places, testing and debugging a few thousen times you will suddenly
>just know how to do it the next time.

A few thousand times? Oh weary me. I know that is not as much of a joke as it
sounds like (although I can appreciate some humor from it as well), and is
really likely to be a low estimate for many people, er, me. ;^)

>I allways browse with optinal buttons on and use the senders of and
>implementors of all the time to see how stuff is used elsewere in
>the image.

Surely I've seen references to these things, but can't seem to recall where;
looks like it's time to start looking. With luck, I'll trip over them early
in the "search."  Will be looking for preferences, and perhaps browser menu
items such as "show implementors of..." and so on. See? It's easy! (?)

Thanks, Karl.  I'd ask Cees or Bijan about it, but considering how I've
treated those wonderful people in the past, I'm better off having my tail
between my legs than nothing at all. :-/ (C, B, I'm sorry. Me bad.)

--Flee