[ENH]VMMaker version 6, now with extra cleverness!

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Tue Apr 2 23:10:36 UTC 2002

Tim Rowledge <tim at sumeru.stanford.edu> is claimed by the authorities to have written:

> Those of you that have been playing with VMMaker will probably be
> interested in the new version.
[snip]
> An alpha version (ie I haven't done exhaustive testing yet) is
> availalable at http://sumeru.stanford.edu/tim/pooters/sqFiles/deltas/VMMaker-3-2-version6.1.cs

Sigh, the first alpha problem is getting the damn filename right!
http://sumeru.stanford.edu/tim/pooters/SqFiles/deltas/VMMaker-3-2-version6.1.cs

The second one is that dumb Mac decided to futz the lineends.

The third one is a little more original - to provide the timeStamp capability I added a class instance variable to ObjectMemory and override noteCompilationOf:meta: to update that timestamp. Unfortunately, that method is filed in before the implementation of #touch - which is sent by (you guessed it!) my version of #noteCompilationOf:meta: :-( To work around this for now, I manually hacked the file and reloaded it on sumeru.

I _did_ say it was alpha.

tim
Useful random insult:- Hypnotized as a child and couldn't be woken.