Fixed limits in the image. (was Re: ...)

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Tue Apr 2 19:20:57 UTC 2002

>Hi Scott, Hi John, Hi Dan,
>
>	Sorry, I couldn't get back to you all sooner. I have been a bit
>busy putting a final touch on my 'double clickable FreeCell.st'. More
>details in another message, though.
>
>	Thanks for your enlightments. At John's suggestion and to give
>Scott a toy to play in his optimisation effort, I made it configurable
>from the initialisation file 'SqM.ini' the following parameters:
>
>(lines with ';;' at the front are commented out).
>
>[TuningParams]
>;;  Was 4097 Now Default: 8192
>;; _EXTERNAL_PRIMITIVE_TABLE_SIZE_   = 16384

Well I was thinking more of changes to
SystemDictionary>>vmParameterAt:put:

So you can change the values on the fly, versus having to recompile
the VM each time you want to change the size of these arrays. Just
malloc a new array and take what action is required to move things
over from the old array if needbe.

Also remembering highwater marks that you could access via
SystemDictionary>>vmParameterAt: might be a useful thing.