[Q][VM][ENH][RFH][COMP] Request For Help : CompilerPlugin

Bergel Alexandre bergel at iam.unibe.ch
Wed Apr 3 11:44:17 UTC 2002

As Marcus Denker (author of the jit port for intel) said, the bytecode seems to be necessary. Actually, jit work with a kind of bytecode-decompiling. It is necessary to decompile the code for having a higher representation in order to being able to perform optimisations. Why not to treat smalltalk application as a kind of AST ? From AST it is possible to extract native code (by jit processing) at run-time.

By the way, for games, I think a good way is to use SDL Squeak plugin and to run squeak without the mainframe.

Regards,
Alexandre

--
Bergel Alexandre  http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~bergel