I can't create a category

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Wed Apr 3 19:43:50 UTC 2002

On Wednesday 03 April 2002 11:35 am, Ken Causey wrote:

> I've spent a fair amount of time today looking through minnow's Module
> documentation to no avail.  I'm sure this is great documentation if you
> have more experience with Squeak and Smalltalk than I do, but it leaves
> a little to be desired for someone who has read the white book, a
> smalltalk book or two, played with previous versions of Squeak off and
> on, but has yet to do any serious coding with Squeak.

My suggestion for someone with the background you describe would be to use
3.2gamma instead of 3.3a. The Modules stuff is in a state of flux and is not
documented widely or in any book that I know of. And we're still not sure how
to do some things in 3.3a that we knew how to do in 3.2 (like load in modules
that re-shape objects, for instance).

--
Ned Konz
currently: Stanwood, WA