[BUG]3.2#4811 mvc Debugger oddness after proceed

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Thu Apr 4 03:27:42 UTC 2002

It's a dumb thing to do, but easy and very damaging.

In an mvc project (in 3.2#4811) open a filelist and file in VMMaker-3-2-
version6.1.cs (probably doesn't need to be this, but let's not got lost in
details fornow) and let it get to the error regarding illegal pointers to
obsolete classes.
Open the debugger.
Select the penultimate frame.
Note that 'self error:....' is highlighted.
Step over that error.
Proceed.

Hmm. Several possibilities here. I've seen the control manager die horribly
because the active process is wrong. Mostly what happens is that the debugged
process proceeds but the filelist window becomes active whilst it is going!
This really can mess things up.

Does this on Acorn & linux. Debug log of one of the worse cases attached. Faint
evidence in another case of being related to the use of#valueUnPreemtably
within ClassBuilder.

tim
Useful Latin Phrases:- Estne volumen in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre? = Is that a scroll in your toga, or are you just happy to see me?