I can't create a category

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Thu Apr 4 10:27:59 UTC 2002

Ken Causey <ken at ineffable.com> wrote:
> Perhaps you are right.  So much changes so quickly in Squeak that I
> would like to be able to live a little closer to the edge just so I can
> try to keep up.  It's not really necessary for what I'm doing right now
> though and so I will step away from the precipice.  At the same time, I
> think a little effort could be spent to make this particular problem a
> little more manageable, it seems to me that creating a new category is a
> very basic procedure.  Even just having 'add item' pop up a text message
> pointing to a URL with a quick howto would be better than the current
> situation.

Your question has already been answered on this list recently - search
any archive (they are listed on the Swiki). In short:

- 3.2alpha is ALPHA. It means that it can bite you hard and noone will
feel sorry for you since if you are in there then you need to read up
and bite the bullet. My advice is go for 3.2gamma instead.

- The browser has not been updated to be in synch with the new modules
scheme and the message you got simply means "Sorry, not done yet,
working on it". It's much better than crashing right?

- Categories will probably go away in the modules system - this is
actually the essence of the problem. And I think this has been
documented on the Swiki (not sure though). Read about how to create
modules instead - that is what you really want to do. Forget the
categories.

Perhaps a quick fix to this would be to just remove that damn menu
choice. ;-) Just kidding...

regards, Göran