Squeak on iPAQ 3850

Peter Crowther peter.crowther at networkinference.com
Thu Apr 4 13:41:55 UTC 2002

> From: Ohshima, Yoshiki [mailto:Yoshiki.Ohshima at disney.com]
> > I try to run Squeak on an iPAQ H3850 with Windows CE and I
> get a fatal
> > error (Exception 0xc0000005).
>
>   Hmm.
>
> > I used the distribution from Yoshiki Ohshima's WinCE site
> > (SqueakVM-alpha6-PocketPC-ARM.zip) and the Kevin Fisher's
> > TinySqueak.image .
>
>   Sounds ok.
>
> > Anybody have the same problem and know what to do?
>
>   Make sure the other applications are terminated and the
> "program memory" size setting is reasonably large.  Or, try
> to run much smaller (and older) Morphic image at
> www.is.titech.ac.jp/~ohshima/squeak/Morphic.zip.

I get the same error on my 3870 following the instructions given with the
site above.  With 20M program space, after image startup I get a white
window and nothing happens; I get the exception about 2 seconds after I tap
in the window.  With 37M program memory available I get the exception about
5-6 seconds into image startup, whether I tap or not.

Has anyone else experienced this and know of a good fix?  If so, please
reply to me off-list.  I'd love to get Squeak on there...

		- Peter