[Connectors] Cool, and how can I...

danielv at netvision.net.il danielv at netvision.net.il
Thu Apr 4 16:23:39 UTC 2002

Hi, Ned, I've been doing some diagramming using the connectors stuff,
and I find it's really very convinient. I've also finally found a use
for the 'select-group-of-morphs' functionality... together one gets a
pretty convinient graph drawing environment.

A few question/weird things that happen:
* When I duplicate an arrow (grab by green handle), the grabbed object
appears at a significant offset to the original. This is a bit annoying.
Ah, I just understood, it hands me the first connection point, so I can
start connecting immediately. This is the idea?
* A bit strange maybe, but here's a request - It would be nice to be
able to make an arrow with intermediate links to objects, like this
diagram - there's only one line, with three constraints, one on each
control point. I can show handles on the middle NCConstraint, but I
can't make it stick to anything..

 ##
 ##
  ^

 ##
 ##
   \
    \
    ##
    ##

* A questions that's only somewhat related - I want to store my diagrams
outside the image, maybe in a BSS-like DSS (DanielsSuperSwiki), probably
to be kept internal. Any better ideas? how do I set up my own SSwiki?

thanks for the lovely connectors
Daniel