Morphic??

Cheryl Denise Seals seals at csgrad.cs.vt.edu
Thu Apr 4 22:47:03 UTC 2002

Hi Squeakers,

I just joined the list today so I am not familiar with the discourse, but
I have a couple of questions and if you can think of someone specifically
that I should ask instead of the list just let me know...

1.
In Morphic Scripting Area, I 'm trying to create sketch morphs that
will move forward until they hit the right boundary of a playground and then
reappear on the left boundary. Is it currently supported or do I need to
code it?
I'm running Squeak3.0 on NT, but ordered an iBook and will hopefully be
running 3.2 beta or gamma this weekend.
>>I tried the wrap command but it doesn't appear to be the kind of wrap I
expected. My playground is currently fence enabled

2.
Also after I have saved an image about 3 times, it usually becomes
corrupted and will no longer save.  So I end up with multiple versions of
my image.
>>I started saving my updates as projects, but even then after a some
script editing Squeak has a minor crash and a system error handler appears
in the bottom of my image(The specified device is already in use. Wait
until it is free, and then try again.)  When I reset the World, the
objects beneath the error window redraw, but are no longer functional.
I have to quit and start with another image.

By now you may be wondering what I'm doing?? I'm investigating creating
similiar to math morphs, I am creating a set of science morphs for
area science teachers and once we have a representative set of
Science simulations created in Squeak. Share them.

Cheryl D. Seals
Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University

When you reach with all you have,
nothing is out of range.

McBryde Hall 565    Office 231-3986
	     102    Lab    231-2756