[Q] [Morphic] Multiple Selections in PluggableListMorph?

Stephan B. Wessels swessels at one.net
Fri Apr 5 15:21:48 UTC 2002

Ken,

I'm not real clear on what you've tried already but it you are searching for
an existing example within Squeak of a list pane that allows multiple
selections, try this...

>From the World menu select the "changes..." menu,
>From that Changes menu select "recently logged changes...",
That will pop up a menu named "Browser as far back as...",
>From there select an entry near the bottom of the list (to get a pane with
many changes in it).  For this example it does not matter if you choose a
list entry that begins with "SNAPSHOT" or "QUIT",
After a few seconds while Squeak scans through your changes file a window
named "Recent changes" will appear.

That window has an example of a multiple select list.  Just click one on any
item to select it.  Click on the same item again to deselect it.

(Be careful what you do here since you can now cause changes to your image
by file-in of these selected changes).

The window is using the PluggableListMorphOfMany.  For a code example look
at the instance methods on the class ChangeList.  Start by looking at the
method #openAsMorphName:multiSelect:

I checked this using Squeak 3.2gamma update #4811.

Hope that helps,

 - Steve