[Ann][Goodie] SVI -- a VI for Squeak.

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Tue Apr 9 03:09:27 UTC 2002

Steve S <sps2000 at mail.com> is claimed by the authorities to have written:

> SVI is modelled on VIM. I realize that for some people, this may be an
> appauling thought. VI for Smalltalk has the ring of an oxymoron. But for
> those who understand the power of the dot...
And in the true spirit of sharing I offer you....

TECO!

Yes at long last, a TECO for Smalltalk. Obviously, to truly be in the
spirit of TECO, there is
a) no documentation whatsoever
b) no actual code. Exercise for the student and all that.

The only bit I can remember from my TECO using days (yes, I really am
that old, I had to write a thesis using it on a Tek thermal printer
terminal) was a description of an instruction I don't even remember the
name of:-
... this instruction does nothing. But it does it *very fast*.

tim
Useful random insult:- Parked his head and forgot where he left it.