[ENH] Making Squeak use the Unix clipboard properly

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Wed Apr 10 20:42:32 UTC 2002

On Wed, Apr 10, 2002 at 12:51:14PM -0700, Ned Konz wrote:
> One thing that's bugged me for a while about Squeak is that it uses
> the PRIMARY buffer for its cut and paste operations. This makes it
> work differently than KDE, Gnome, Netscape, etc., which all use the
> CLIPBOARD buffer for explicit copy/cut/paste operations.
>
> The attached patch allows you to use the CLIPBOARD (or PRIMARY,
> depending on a #define).

This looks great, Ned.  Do you know of any documentation to support which
buffer to use?  For example, do any of the official X docs have anything
to say?

More to the point, is CLIPBOARD available everywhere?  If not, the autoconf
scripts need to set the buffer choice properly (and perhaps give the user
a way to override the choice.)

-Lex