Squeak VM for Darwin/X11R6 for PPC?

Dave Hylands dhylands at broadcom.com
Wed Apr 10 23:57:04 UTC 2002

Hmmm...

I know that some of the earlier gcc's (if memeory serves me correctly, the
2.7 versions) don't support these options.

You can tell by trying to do:

gcc -v --help

This will cause gcc to display help for all of the subcomponents (it's a
rather long list of output so you might want to redirect this to a file. I
think you need to redirect stdout and stderr).

You can then search for cpp in the file, and see the pre-processor options.
My guess is that Apple's pre-processor doesn't support the -dM switch.

The site: http://fink.sourceforge.net/doc/porting/basics.php mentions that
Apple's compiler has two pre-processors, so maybe the default one doesn't
support the -dM option.

Maybe:

gcc -no-cpp-precomp -E -Wp,-dM empty.c

will give the desired results.

I don't have a Mac, so I can't test this myself.

Dave Hylands