[ENH] Making Squeak use the Unix clipboard properly

Bert Freudenberg bert at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Thu Apr 11 14:20:27 UTC 2002

On Wed, 10 Apr 2002, Ned Konz wrote:

> Another possibility is to have a commandline flag, and/or copy into
> the PRIMARY as well as the CLIPBOARD.

I'd support both. This way we can copy from Squeak into every app.

> However, when Squeak gets stuff from the clipboard it will have to
> choose between one or the other.

Please let's stick to PRIMARY here. Some apps only support PRIMARY (xterm
for one I use often), and it is equivalent to using CLIPBOARD in the
common select-copy-paste sequence. Only if you do
select-copy-selectSomethingElse-paste, the result would be different, and
you don't usually do this when copying data between two applications.

-- Bert