Dictionary keys that exist but can't be found

Tim Olson tim at jump.net
Fri Apr 12 12:23:15 UTC 2002

>	IdentityDictionary is what you want to use.  It will allow
>Associations to be keys in just the way you want.
>	The changes you are suggesting to Association #= and #hash
>are ill-advised.

Thanks for the info.  But at least in my case, I can't use an
IdentityDictionary, because the Associations I was using for keys were
built on the fly, and I needed equality comparison, not identity
comparison.

I was actually using Association because it was an existing class with
two inst vars (holding two values and equality comparison was all the
behavior I required). I ended up wrapping my two values in an Array and
using that as the key, instead.

     -- tim