[Q] Making a button immune to mouse clicks

Martin Drautzburg martin.drautzburg at web.de
Sun Apr 14 07:18:55 UTC 2002

"Stephan B. Wessels" <swessels at one.net> writes:

> Would a transparent morph on top be useful?

Yes, that is what I am looking for. I just can't get it to work. I was
trying to make the twosome a subclass of either Rectangle or
SimpleButten and "add" the other one (SimpleButton or Rectangle) as
submorph.

The submorph always appears on top of the main morph and I don't know
how to change this.

When I subclass SimpleButton and add a Rectangle, the Rectangle
appears on top of the button. But when I click into the rectangle the
button flashes at least when I click at position where the button is
below.

To Ned's question:

I want the Button to be event-wise a lot bigger than the visible
Button. I want a large Rectangle with a small Button in it. In the
remaining space in the Rectangle I want to put other things, but I
want to be able to drag the whole thing around with the button.

How can I possibly drag a button without invoking the mouse action ?
AFAIK a drag always sends a click first.