[Q] Making a button immune to mouse clicks

Martin Drautzburg martin.drautzburg at web.de
Sun Apr 14 18:22:22 UTC 2002

"Andreas Raab" <Andreas.Raab at gmx.de> writes:

> I am completely confused by your description. You say you want "the
> Button to be event-wise a lot bigger than the visible Button" which to
> me means you want the button to be a button (e.g., clickable). But then
> you say you want to "drag the whole thing around".

Sorry for that. Part of the problem is I don't know what I really
want.

Here's what I know so far:

It is all related to the magentic morphs question earlier. Someone
suggested to have an enclosing morph onto which I can drag my
CommandButtons. So for a magnetic CommandTitleMorph I need a Button
and a larger transparent "drop area". The button could be used to
collapes/expand the CommandButtons and also to drag the whole thing
around. Actually the Button and the "drop area" should handle events
the same way, so the button is just a visual indicator.

I believe, if I want to be able to drag I cannot have the button
respond to a single click because a drag always starts with a
click. So I'd have to use doubleClick to expand/collapse. Right ?

I don't want to use the halo for dragging.

Some things I don't understand yet:

do submorphs always appear *above* its owning morph ?

If an area is covered by a morph and a sumborph which one will receive
the mouse events ?