reading from socket gives 0 bytes

Kamil Kukura kamk at volny.cz
Sun Apr 14 19:57:15 UTC 2002

I work with PostgreSQL and here is the piece code of PGConnection>>next

    (socket waitForDataUntil: Socket standardDeadline)
        ifFalse: [self error: 'timed out getting data'].
    lastReadIndex _ socket receiveDataInto: readBuffer

It happens that #waitForDataUntil: returns true so there should be some
data ready but lastReadIndex gives 0. I use Windows 2000, Squeak 3.0
with VM version 3.2 (release build 1). To me it's quite strange behavior
perhaps in Windows' VM only. Or is it normal?

--
Kamil