[Squeakfoundation]Squeak Demo Kit Ready ;)

PhiHo Hoang phiho.hoang at rogers.com
Mon Apr 15 02:36:29 UTC 2002

Hi Stef,

> It took some times ;). I promised to do this after ESUG last
september....

	It looks impressive.

>  That's why they contained mainly text and pictures but not active
objects.
>  The objects are created during the demo.

	There are about 10 Meg. of pictures (if
'PictOfApplicationsOrDevices' and 'PictOfApplicationsOrDevices' can give
a hint to this number). That leaves about 35 Meg. 'mainly' for text and
that's a lot of text ;-).

	I read somewhere (?) that SqueakCentral even have images in the
ranges of hundreds of Megs. I have not seen them but have no doubt that
they do exist ;-)

	With John's enhancement in the 64bit file system, it will be
hard to guess what the biggest image size will be ;-)

> That's why I put script to load files or other magic invocations.

	Where can I find these scripts for loading and unloading (?)
stuff ?

	I am also trying to load the projects in the demo package into
the MiniMorphic.image.

	Apparently, the filelist in the MiniMorphic.image doesn't know
how to load project.

	Is there anyway I can use your enhanced filelist with this
MiniMorphic.image to load these projects one by one.

	BTW, by any chance you have a version of this package with the
latest version of Stable Squeak together with the latest and greatest
Ginsu at that time (ESUG last september). That would make a good
collector item. ;-)

	I tried to navigate through this 45Meg image and couldn't locate
Henrik's module stuff.

	It must certainly be somewhere in there together with your and
others' enhancements :-)

	Please keep up with your great advocating for Modular Squeak.

	Cheers,

	PhiHo.