Newbie questions (advocacy included)

Aaron J Reichow reic0024 at d.umn.edu
Mon Apr 15 21:37:06 UTC 2002

There was a post a month or so back on c.l.s about that... someone made
some remark about Smalltalk appealing to their emotional side, or some
similar culture-specific thing.  In any case, I've observed the same
thing, especially when I interned at Progressive Insurance- on the
particular team with which I was working, 4 out of 10 developers were
women; 0 out of 3 for architechts/senior developers; and a whopping 4 out
of 4 for the testers, 2 of which did some bug-fixing.  I was impressed
with the relative balance of the place.

Regards,
Aaron

  Aaron Reichow  ::  UMD ACM Pres  ::  http://www.d.umn.edu/~reic0024/
"a system based on exchanging products inevitably channels wealth to a few, and
   no governmental change will ever be able to correct that."  ::  daniel quinn