right-mouse-click on Linux

Maarten Maartensz maartens at xs4all.nl
Tue Apr 16 11:34:16 UTC 2002

Hello,

George Hagn wrote:

-- begin

I have installed squeak 3.1 under Linux 8.0 and win98. On win98 the
right-mouse-button click shows the expected menu, on Linux the same action
shows the halo of the main-window. How get I the expected menu with the
riht-mouse-button-click. (I have only a 2-button mouse)

-- end

I don't run Linux but you possibly you into a problem I ran into myself on
Win98 some time ago:

I had the problematic mouse-behaviour you mention with Win98, and it turned
out that I had unwittingly modified the Squeak.ini file. To get the right
mouse behaviour on my system the last lines should read:

3ButtonMouse=0
1ButtonMouse=0

You can edit the Squeak.ini file with a simple text-editor.

I ran into problems on Win98 after I had right-clicked on the topline in
Windows, which pops up a menu that includes "VM Preferences" which includes
"Mouse Mapping" with two options "1 Button Mouse" and "3  Button Mouse" and
 clicked on 3 Button Mouse.

To get the right behaviour of my mouse I had to edit the Squeak.ini file to
have the above two lines after which everything ran on my system as it
should and did before.

Regards,

Maarten.