O'Reilly Squeak book?

John Hinsley johnhinsley at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Apr 16 17:55:57 UTC 2002

On Tue, 16 Apr 2002, Cees de Groot wrote:

> BTW, I've already asked O'Reilly whether they're interested - we might as well
> forge ahead ;-).

And why not! But I think someone has been there before -- didn't this come up
on the list  6 or 9 months ago?

I wonder if other publishers might be considered? Could I suggest (sharp intake
of breath) Linux Gazette? They've published the Book of Zope (I've yet to get
it -- waiting for paycheck) and have published some stuff on Squeak in the
past.

Working with a smaller publisher might obviate some of the lead time issues
Ned comments on.

But I think something of the scope Cees and Alan have in mind would be
magnificent.

Cheers

John
 --