O'Reilly Squeak book?

Cees de Groot cg at cdegroot.com
Tue Apr 16 19:56:10 UTC 2002

Jarvis, Robert P. (Contingent) <Jarvisb at timken.com> said:
>For a Squeak book wouldn't it be appropriate to have a mouse or other small
>rodent on the cover?

Many strange stories are told about the selection of covers for O'Reilly
books. One maintains that Tim regularly flies to a lonely planet somewhere in
a far away nebula where, on a rainy seashore, a hut stands with an old man
with unsatiable curiosity. Oh no, that's another story.

Pictures are usually selected according to right-brain associations. So it
would almost certainly not be a mouse. By the way, it's maybe a bit too soon
to start discussing cover artwork ;-)

>This brings to mind that in Terry Pratchett's Discworld stories one of the
>recurring characters most common (in fact, only) utterance is "Squeak".

Compared with what's going on in the world nowadays, I find Discworld an
entirely normal, sensible and reasonable place...

--
Cees de Groot               http://www.cdegroot.com     <cg at cdegroot.com>