Spreading Smalltalk

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Wed Apr 17 08:01:04 UTC 2002

David Salamon <david at myth.sdsu.edu> wrote:
> On 4/16/02 4:15 AM, "Göran" <goran.hultgren at bluefish.se> wrote:
> (snip)
> > PS. It's funny to see how the scripting languages get closer and closer
> > to Smalltalk. Perl -> Python -> Ruby (which is practically a Smalltalk
> > in disguise). Nice trend. DS
>
> Smalltalk in my opinion has always been as simple as possible, and no
> simpler, so this trend seems pretty natural.
>
> Squeak server pages, if they ever gain a wider acceptance (which means

Well, personally I don't like SSP/JSP/ASP. In my HV framework (posted a
while ago - much newer version coming up) I go for a Squeak-only kind of
thing instead. I hate mucking about with HTML/CSS just for making simple
webapps.

> integration with non-squeak based web servers, sadly), would seem a good
> place to start as far as scripting goes.

Seaside does this AFAICT. It can run with Apache (or Comanche).

regards, Göran